EXHIBITOR FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
*All Exhibitors & Sponsors please be aware more information will become available in the months leading up to the WEST Conference in 2018.
AGE RESTRICTIONS - Are there any age restrictions to get into the exhibit hall?
No one under the age of 18 is allowed in the exhibit hall at any time.
AIRPORT & TRANSPORTATION - What is the closest airport to the convention center and what transportation is available?
San Diego International Airport is the closest airport. Taxis are readily available as well as rental cars
ATTENDEE LIST - How can I obtain a pre-and post show attendee list?
WEST 2018 does not release their pre or post show attendee lists. Lead retrieval units will be available for rental.
BADGES (exhibitors) – How can I register our booth personnel? How many badges is our company eligible for and what do they give us access to?
WEST 2018 registration is now open. Login to register exhibitor personnel.
-Each exhibiting company will receive One (1) complimentary conference registration per 10’x10’ booth area.
-Each exhibiting company will receive Six (6) exhibit booth personnel badges per 10’x10’ booth area..
-Each person staffing the booth will be required to have a name badge and will be required to show a government-issued photo ID.
BUDGET - How do I work with a tight budget?
- Always order your services before the discount deadlines. Generally these deadlines are 21 days before the show. Please check for actual deadline dates in your exhibitor service manual.
- Consolidate your freight and shrink wrap it to avoid additional material handling charges.
- For large groups use shuttle transportation rather than individual taxi service.
- Always bring back up supplies so you don’t have to rent them at a premium at the show.
- Some items are more cost effective to bring on your own rather than renting them over and over again at every show. (i.e. power strips, extension cords, artificial plants, waste baskets, etc.)
- Consider the costs of rental displays, carpet and booth furnishing versus shipping and material handling charges for your own display.
- Meet your freight target times (if applicable), and instruct your drivers to check in at the marshaling yard before the deadline time noted in the service manual to avoid additional surcharges.
- For larger booths - ship hanging signs and carpet in advance to allow for straight-time installation when possible.
CONFERENCE SCHEDULE - Where can I find a schedule of events?
The conference schedule is available here.
CONTACTS - Who are my key contacts as an exhibitor?
A list of contacts can be found on the WEST 2018 website.
COSTS - What other costs can I expect in addition to my booth space?
- Booth Carpet is required. You may bring your own floor covering or rental from the Official show contractor
Most Exhibitors will incur/need:
- Material Handling/Drayage charges
- Shipping charges
- Booth furniture (i.e. draped tables, chairs, etc)
- Electric/Phone/internet connection
DEADLINES – What deadlines do I need to keep in mind as an exhibitor?
Most deadlines fall 21-30 days prior to the start of the exposition. A deadline checklist is available here.
DEMOGRAPHICS – What is the demographic breakdown of attendees?
More than 6,000 qualified attendees are expected at this event.
DRESS CODE - What is the dress code for booth personnel?
The dress code for WEST 2018 is business attire/uniform of the day.
EXHIBITOR LIST - Who is exhibiting this year?
Please visit our website to see a current list of exhibitors.
EXHIBITOR MANUAL – When will the exhibitor service manual be available?
The Exhibitor Service Manual is available here.
EXPOSITION SCHEDULE – What are this year’s move-in, move-out and show hours?
The schedule below is TENTATIVE and subject to change. CLICK HERE to download schedule and view more details.
Sunday, February 4 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Monday, February 5 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Tuesday, February 6 9:15 AM – 5:00 PM
Wednesday, February 7 9:15 AM – 4:30 PM
Thursday, February 8 9:30 AM – 2:00 PM
Thursday, February 8 2:00 PM –10:00 PM
Friday, February 9 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
HOTEL RESERVATIONS - How can I make hotel reservations? What are cut-off dates and what are the rates?
Housing for WEST 2018 is now open. View Housing Information Here.
Important reminder to book your hotel needs only through the Official Housing Company, SPARGO, Inc. WEST 2018 cannot guarantee reservations made through any other source are valid.
REGISTRATION (CONFERENCE) - How do I register for the conference portion of the event; what does it include; and what qualifications are necessary?
Registration is now open. View Exhibitor Registration Here. For questions regarding registration, please contact the WEST 2018 customer service at 703-449-6418 or email@example.com.
SHUTTLE BUSES - Is there shuttle bus service available from my hotel to the convention center?
Shuttle bus transportation will not be provided at WEST 2018. Hotels in the Conference block are within easy walking distance to the San Diego Convention Center.
SPECIAL EVENTS - Are there any special events? Where and when do they take place?
The special events schedule will available on the WEST 2018 website. Please check back for updates.
SPONSORSHIPS – What type of sponsorships are available?
For patron/sponsorship information, please contact the AFCEA/USNI Exposition Team at 703-631-6200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.