How Do We Make the Strategy Work?
February 17-19, 2016
San Diego Convention Center
111 West Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA
Sponsored by AFCEA International and U.S. Naval Institute
To preregister, contact: Maryann Lawlor (703) 631-6179 (office); (571) 247-5156 (cell) email WestMedia@afcea.org
On-site parking is available at the San Diego Convention Center. Daily rate: $15, but can range from $15-$25. A $5 discount coupon is available for all active military and government personnel online.
If pre-registered, type your name into the registration computers and a staff member will provide your conference badge. Your lunch tickets will printed with your conference badge.
All events are business attire. Military personnel are encouraged to wear the appropriate uniform of the day.
The pressroom will be located the exhibit floor next to the panel sessions area in Hall C.
Media Credentials Requirements
- Media representatives with valid credentials are invited to attend the exposition, panel sessions and addresses at no charge.
- All media may be required to provide any or all of the following:
- A government-issued photo ID;
- A business card indicating role as either an employee of a publication or a contracted journalist;
- A letter from publication’s editor indicating position;
- A tear sheet of a bylined article published within the past six months in a recognized media outlet covering the sector;
- A sample of a published blog post from within the past six months that appeared in a recognized blog covering the sector;
- If on assignment for another publication or freelancing or researching for an assigned story, an explanatory letter from the publication's assignment editor.
- If covering the event for an exhibiting company, a letter from the company’s exhibitor lead authorizing your role as a communicator about the event and not a persuasive sales communicator about the exhibiting company.
- Media representatives may register on site as determined by the policy at each event. Those registering on site will be required to provide THREE of the credentials listed above.
- All photographers and videographers must have permission from a conference staff member before entering any event, and the staff member may escort photographers and videographers.
- All panel sessions and addresses are open to the media and may be recorded unless otherwise indicated, as long as the proceedings are not disturbed.
- Interviews may be conducted subsequent to the sessions at the discretion of the speakers, panelists or their staff.
- Soliciting or accepting orders for any product or service, including advertising space, in the exhibit hall or any other part of the conference area is prohibited. Distribution of your organization's publications or other promotional material also is prohibited.
- AFCEA reserves the right to refuse or revoke access to the conference at any time.
Authorized files and recordings will be available on the event website shortly after the conclusion of the event.
Speaker and panelist biographies are linked from their names on the event website.
If you have any questions or need assistance prior to the symposium, please contact Maryann Lawlor at (703) 631-6179 or WestMedia@afcea.org.