FOR ATTENDANCE DOCUMENTATION: Be sure to add your email from your AFCEA membership to your event registration.
AFCEA’s Continuing Education (CE) program is designed to support certifications related to U.S. Federal Government requirements. Some WEST sessions have been reviewed by CompTIA, GIAC and CertNexus to determine if the sessions meet continuing education requirements for certification maintenance. Sessions may also support (ISC)2, National Contract Management Association (NCMA), Project Management Institute (PMI), GAGAS, and Defense Acquisition Workforce continuing education and/or certification maintenance requirements.
Please see the continuing education flyer for WEST 2023 for updated continuing education approvals.
Continuing Education Attendance Documentation
- Formal attendance documentation is a benefit for AFCEA members. Participation in the entire session qualifying for CompTIA CEUs and/or GIAC CPEs is required. If you are a member be sure register for the event as a member so you will be eligible for formal attendance documentation for applicable sessions, you attend. On exiting the session, get your event badge scanned so that we can document your attendance. We can only document your attendance if you get your badge scanned at the close of the session.
- Those who are not current AFCEA members can join or renew at the AFCEA booth to qualify for continuing education documentation or can prepare their attendance documentation using session description and speaker bios available in event promotional material.
Department of Navy (DON) IT Conference WEST
- One of the purposes of the DON IT conference is to provide IT-related training that will provide credits toward continuous learning per SECNAVINST 1543.2, which requires that Cyberspace/IT workforce members have 20 hours of continuous learning per year. https://www.doncio.navy.mil/ContentView.aspx?ID=16033
- Sessions are eligible for GIAC CPEs within the “Other InfoSec Related Training category.” GIAC awards 1 CPE per training hour. Attendees will need to provide the number of hours they attended, and will receive the equivalent number of GIAC credits for the event as a whole – not specific sessions.
- Upon completion of the conference, attendees will receive a link to a questionnaire which will ask you to self-report the number of conference hours you attended in-person or virtually. Once the completed questionnaire is received, a certificate for the equivalent number of GIAC credits will be sent.
- The DON IT Conference is open and free to DON, government, military and contractor personnel providing direct support to the government, however registration is required.
For info about AFCEA’s continuing education program please check the frequently asked questions.