Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Update #2
February 28, 2020
The WEST Conference continues to monitor and assess new developments pertaining to the Novel Coronavirus with the San Diego Convention Center (SDCC) leaders who are closely monitoring the situation through updates from the CDC, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), and San Diego officials. As of Friday, February 28, 2020, the WEST Conference will take place as planned.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Update #1
February 27, 2020
The WEST Conference continues to monitor and assess new developments pertaining to the Novel Coronavirus originating in China. The health and safety of our attendees and exhibitors is our top priority.
We are working with San Diego Convention Center (SDCC) leaders who are closely monitoring the situation through updates from the CDC, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), and San Diego officials. The SDCC is dedicated to ensuring that appropriate protective measures are in place and providing up-to-date information for SDCC staff and partners. SDCC staff receive ongoing training and updates about public health concerns. The SDCC has also increased its precautionary measures, including increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting commonly touched objects such as door handles, posting informational signage, and maintaining communication with local health agencies. The city and the SDCC are prepared to welcome WEST attendees.
We strongly encourage attendees and exhibitors to follow the guidance of the CDC for everyday preventative actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when sick.
- Cover a cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
In addition, we suggest visiting the World Health Organization and Center for Disease Control websites which are constantly being updated with the latest information and tips.
Historically, approximately 98% of expected WEST participants are from the United States. Due to the nature of our participant profile, we do not anticipate any impact at this time. We will update this website page as needed.
The San Diego Convention Center is also closely monitoring the international outbreak. For more information from the SDCC visit their Official FAQ.